Pragmatic Functional Programming in Java 8+
In this workshop, attendees will learn how to supercharge their everyday Java programming experience by utilizing pragmatic Functional Programming ideas – which allow writing readable, predictable and less error-prone code faster.
The course is aimed at Java professionals who want to quickly break the cognitive barrier of making a paradigm shift and get up to speed with new tools.
- Introduction to Idiomatic Functional Programming
- Immutability/Referential Transparency/Equational Reasoning
- Functor-based Design Patterns
- Lambda Expressions Anatomy
- Functional Interfaces
- Exception Handling
- Idiomatic Optional
- Stream API Basics
- Streams API Deep Dive
- Working with Infinite Sequences
- Writing Custom Collectors
- Parallel Streams (and why they might be not suitable for production)
- Writing Custom Spliterators
- Parallel Processing Without Parallel Streams
- Gang of Four Design Patterns Revisited
- CompletableFuture Deep Dive
- Functional Data Structures
- Persistent Collections
- Monadic Types Beyond Optional/Stream
- Functional Programming with Legacy Java
This is just a default outline, the actual agenda is always derived from the pre-training analysis.
Excellent teacher, lots of exercises which go beyond the common stuff… and lots of additional exercises which you can explore after the workshop. I learned how to properly use “functional” java in my daily job. Thanks for the amazing workshop!